Everything you need to know about Title, Registration and Driver License in PA!
As many of you know the DMV in any state is the most bureaucratic agencies in the USA! I originally wrote this site as an authorized Full Agent and Messenger of Penn DOT in 1987, to help the Public, Dealers, Leasing Companies, Lien holders etc. when requiring PA Motor Vehicle work processed.
The following pages contain instructions, forms, services, locations, phone numbers hours & links to the official Commonwealth of PA web site.
We are an Authorized Online PA DMV Location!
Always Ready to help with all your PA DMV Deals.
We service mostly to dealers from around the country, also as a local authorized PA Motor Vehicle office of course we are open to the public, for all PA DMV Applications, we issue Title,Registration card, sticker and plate electronically on the spot!
Interesting note: One of the most confusingissues in PA; is that PA DMV Offices are privatized and are called “Auto Tag Agencies”, due to the dentralization or privatization in our state.
Listed in the Yellow Pages under “License Services” , Notary Public, and Motor Vehcle, or online in the Yellow pages!
NOTE: Our direct Phone 215-321-8980 call today and have your deals completed in One Day! (turnaround 1-3 if noncomplient). PA Driver License Questions call Official Penn DOT Info Center Phone 1-717-412-5300
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation was created from the former Department of Highways by Act 120 approved by the legislature on May 6, 1970. The intent of the legislation was to consolidate transportation-related functions formerly performed in the Departments of Commerce, Revenue, Community Affairs, Forests and Waters, Military Affairs and other state agencies. One outcome of this was decentralization of Motor Vehicle offices, the privatize Motor Vehicle System, unique to the United States at the time.
Today only a handful of states adopted decentralization. This privatization and decentralization of motor vehicle offices eventually led up to over 1700 full service DMV offices statewide (aka; Full Agents, Messengers, and Online Messengers).
Penn DOT offers the public, "four" basic types of Penn DOT licensed Motor Vehicle Offices, each with incrementally increasing authorities (aka. ""Card Agents”, “Full Agents", "Messenger's" ,and "Online Messengers")again all called Auto Tags Agency's. Auto Tags Agency's account for the approval, processing, and issuance of over 90% "tags" license plates on PA roads today.
1) Card Agents: are granted the authority to submit properly completed DMV forms (Titles, Registrations, Replacement/Duplicate/Renewal "Driver "Licenses, Titles, Registrations, Restorations and all other BMV and BDL products) for Penn DOT approval and issuance!
2) Full Agents are granted the authority to issue license Plates with 90 day temporary Registrations (instantly), plus #1.
3) Messengers: are granted the authority transport, all Motor Vehicle work to and from Penn DOT(remarkably reducing turnaround time on almost all DMV products), plus #1 and #2
4) Messengers participating in OLRS: are granted the authority to issue License Plates and Titles with the "actual Registration card" (no more temps),Secure Liens, issue Replacement/Duplicates of almost all DMV products, and Renewals Instantly, plus #1, #2 and,#3 Special note: more services are being granted by Penn DOT to Messengers participating in OLRS as demand increases by the public, and secure software is written by providers approved by Penn DOT.
5) Online Messengers: are granted the authority to issue Renewal/Duplicate Driver License, Registration and Restorations (same as Bureau of driver License offices now or in the near future), Instantly plus #1, #2, #3, but not necessarily #4
State statutes under PA Code: Titles 67 and 75 among others, give Penn DOT complete control over every aspect of Motor Vehicles, including the revolutionary system of decentralized offices, including but no way limited to the validity of every tag and title issued.
Penn Dot oversees over 11 million vehicles, 9038 PA dealers, 1744 Full Agents, 3167 Card Agents with a population of over 12 million people. This is only a small percentage of Penn DOT's job function.
PA VEHICLE FEE CALCULATOR INCLUDING FEES & SALES TAX DUE!
PA MOTOR VEHICLE FEE CALCULATOR INCLUDING SALES TAX DUE
Dealer,Lessors,Lien Holders or Private Users never ever make a PA DMV FEE error again. Please use our FREE FEE CALCULATOR! Every transaction scenario covered. Buying a new or used vehicle? Try our new FREE Fee Calculator Today. Yes it is free!